<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.linglestowngazette.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Linglestown Gazette: Linglestown green Monday

Monday, March 17, 2008

Linglestown green Monday

Happy St. Patrick's Day to one and all!

LP news The Lower Paxton Township supervisors will conduct a business meeting tomorrow night, March 18 at 7:30 pm, Township Municipal Center, 425 Prince Street. Comcast cable subscribers can view a live broadcast of the meeting on channel 20.

The supervisors will discuss and possibly take action on a final subdivision plan for phase 2 of the Chelsey Falls housing community located off of Goose Valley Road near Colonial Country Club.

I recently drove around the property. It is located on the side of a fairly steep hill that’s a 7-iron shot away from I-81 – I didn't get out of the car to check the noise level coming from the highway.

Also, the agenda includes a revised development plan for N. Mountain Road Office Court. I couldn't dig up any info on this project on the township’s Web site, but it's probably has something to do with the new office buildings in front of Linglestown elementary and middle schools.

BB notes On Saturday, I traveled into Susquehanna Township via Linglestown Road and got my rapidly receding mop trimmed at Rick's Barber Shop in the Beaufort Plaza. The shop has four chairs and is very clean. I got fast service and a great cut for $12 plus a tip. I’m definitely going back.

Also, I got a chance to get dinner Saturday at the Eagle Hotel. The fare was very satisfactory, plus I got to meet for the first time Gazette reader Kim Paterekas, who was working as the Eagle's hostess.
_________________

Youth sports reminderLinglestown Football Association will hold its first early registration this Saturday, March 22 from 9 am to noon at the Linglestown Fire Hall.

4 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill,
For what it's worth I'm starting to visit your site for neighborhood news and am finding things I don't see anywhere else.
Alan Foster

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding your comment on Chelsey Falls - the noise factor is definitely a concern - especially given the premium pricing of the homes. I've toured the model and while spacious, I can't say the house or lot size justifies the cost given the proximity to the highway.

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed the Eagle, I can't wait to go back and get more of them wings! Also, been going to Rick's for over 5 years now. Great guy and great shop.

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Bill Bostic said...

Alan, I'm glad to hear that you're finding info that other news sources either are ignoring or don't have the manpower to cover. Thanks for the feedback!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home