<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.linglestowngazette.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Linglestown Gazette: Backyard news and links, 08.27.08

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Backyard news and links, 08.27.08


* Remember the warnings signs (pictured) that showed up a few weeks ago around the perimeter of Koons Park? Well, our friend at The Patriot-News, beat reporter T.W. Burger, passed along word today that Lower Paxton Twp. police will not charge the person who posted the signs. Get the full scoop by jumping over to Burger’s story.


* I read a Patriot-News article today about ongoing, never-ending efforts by East Pennsboro Twp. to keep up with the demand for athletic fields. I’m not sure if sports organizations in Lower Paxton Twp. are clamoring for more space, but there seems to be a need in the Linglestown area where 17 Linglestown Colts youth football teams share the gridiron at Koons Park, and at least six teams are divvying up playing time at the park’s full-sized baseball field.

* I tried to find out who has contracted to purchase the former Mobil gas station located on N. Mountain Road next to 1st National Bank of Marysville – it’s the one that currently has a huge crater where an underground gas tank was located. Bill Gladstone, the real estate agent handling the sale, told me he should be in a position to reveal who the buyer is in about two weeks.

* Are you ready for some high school football? CD Rams and CD East Panthers will do battle on Friday, 7 pm at Landis Field.

* I met Gazette reader Joel McNaughton for the first time today, and he informed me that the owners of the area’s newest dining experience, Mount Hill Tavern on Colonial Road across from 3 B Ice Cream, also operate a trio of restaurants in the State College area, including Zola New World Bistro, which has a rocking Web site. Hey, if you've tried out the new tavern, please post a comment about your experience.

* As you've probably noticed, the Twitter box in the right-hand sidebar is on the fritz. The maker of the widget says he's trying to get the problem resolved. By the way, if you're a Twitter geek, friend me up by CLICKING HERE.


* Eric Epstein (pictured), who has been one of the fill-in radio hosts for WHP's Bob Durgin while he recovers from heart surgery, told me that he mentioned Linglestown Gazette on-air four times this week. I owe you big time, dude!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well BB,

I read Mr. Burger's story earlier today I was shocked. Whether or not the person is guilty was/is for the court to decide. The matter of the signs is a different monster all together I am can not believe that charges are not being persued. Maybe my concept of right an wrong is skewed somehow. Can I now go am post signs about a neighbor I do not like all over the village?

And . . .

Going to try and go there for lunch on Friday. I will gladly post the results.

BP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home