<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.linglestowngazette.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Linglestown Gazette: AARP rocks!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

AARP rocks!

I had a pleasant time visiting with the Lower Paxton AARP Chapter today. There were about 50 members in attendance at the group’s monthly meeting at Colonial Park United Church of Christ located next to Best Buy on Devonshire Road. The gathering featured a concert by The Telephone Pioneer Band. Special thanks to Betty for making me feel like I belonged there.

The chapter sponsors trips, holiday dinners, volunteer projects and much, much more. The next meeting is on Thursday, Nov. 20, at noon – members are encouraged to bring a brown-bag lunch to munch on prior to the meeting that will start at 1 pm.

I'm there!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you prefer "Old Timer" or "Gramps"


:P


BP

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Bill Bostic said...

I'll stick with B².

It doesn't make sense to me that AARP wants 50-year-olds to join. Sure, sure, I know ... more members, more revenue. But, isn't 50 like, um, robbing the cradle?

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LoL. I agree B. Though having grown up in your current neighborhood, I remember thinking when I was a kid that everyone on my block was sooooo old. And guess what? Most of them are still there so I guess they weren't that old after all. Perception is such a wonderful thing.

BP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home