<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.linglestowngazette.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Linglestown Gazette: Backyard News, 03.12.09

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Backyard News, 03.12.09

Coming attractions ... I'm working on a new Linglestown Radio show that will feature some new stuff, including how you can help bring top-notch Linglestown baseball coverage to the Gazette. It should be ready for your listening pleasure later today. ... The deadline for candidates to submit paperwork for the May 19 municipal primary election has passed, and I'll reveal who is running for what office next week. And, I'm mulling over holding some meet-the-candidate nights at St. Thomas Roasters coffee house, my satellite office. ... Next week, I plan to schedule the first organizational meeting for First Night Linglestown, a New Year's Eve bash that hopefully will be held somewhere in the village to ring in the start of 2010.

CD news ... CD school board member Christian Malesic (pictured) is quoted in a Patriot-News report about the impact federal stimulus dollars could have on school property taxes. (See page 2.) ... Road improvements were a hot topic during a school board workshop on a renovation project at West Hanover Elementary School. There's a quote from Gazette reader and West Hanover Twp. Supervisor Larry Hartman. ... The CD High bowling team has earned a spot in the state tourney that starts Friday at ABC North lanes on Locust Lane, according to Jeremy Elliott, top kegler for The Patriot-News. Team members are Taylor Frey, Justin Nye, Tony Rozzi, Kyle Weldon, Matt Hoffman, Dylan Warfield and Taylor Herrman.



Please contact Gazette sponsor Homza Chiropractic Center if you have nagging pain that won't go away no matter what you do. Just e-mail B² and arrangements will be made for you to get a FREE evaluation.

I've told you how the folks at Homza have helped me overcome a very stiff and sore neck. Below is another success story:

When I first came to Homza, I was experiencing a lot of pain in my neck due to arthritic degeneration in a disc. I have very little pain now – only when it's bad weather, and the pain is minimal when I do have it. My posture is so much better, also!

I have had such a positive and pleasant experience here and would recommend it to anyone for any problems and preventative care!!

– Sherri Alleman




Hmm, hmm good ... I'm a sucker for soup sales. So, I'll probably wonder over to St. Thomas United Church of Christ this Saturday to pick up some delicious chicken corn or ham & bean soup, $4 a quart, 9 am to noon.

LP news links ... The search is on for a burglar who ripped off a large quantity of lottery tickets from the Turkey Hill Mini Market in the 300 block of N. Houcks Road. Maybe the thief stole a winning ticket and he'll be nabbed trying to collect the cash prize. ... There's a new pizza-pasta-salad buffet at The Point Shopping Center on Union Deposit Road.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bill, I just wrote a favorable review for Infinito's. We enjoyed our visit!

Rob's Review

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Bill Bostic said...

Thanks for posting the link, Rob. Sounds like a place that I should check out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home