<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.linglestowngazette.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Linglestown Gazette: B² voters' alert

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

B² voters' alert

Today's edition of The Patriot-News has profiles of the eleven candidates running for three Dauphin County judge seats.

Also, there's an opinion piece that has tips for selecting a judge.

I believe using elections to select judges is silly, so getting some sketchy information from the newspaper is better then closing my eyes and taking jabs at the voting machine – or skipping over the county judicial race.

The only candidate that showed up at my door was Deborah Essis Curcillo. She made the rounds in my neighborhood in the midst of snow showers. Pounding the pavement tells me that she really, really wants the job, and I plan to vote for her. Plus, she found ways to get campaign signs plastered all over the Linglestown area. The eye pollution isn't appreciated, but it's one more sign that she is hustling.

My other two votes are up for grabs.
____

Hat tip to Gazette reader Jay Mumper for wading through a maze of content on PennLive to find the first link in this article.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had 3 show up at my door, Mike Rozman, Bernie Coates and Judge Judy. I was the most impressed by Judge Judy.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Bill Bostic said...

What did you like about Judge Judy?

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He was very personable, he took the time to explain what he has done throughout his life such as being an attorney before becoming a magistrate judge and why he is wanting to move on to the higher court. He believes in being fair for all. He took the time to talk to my 9 year old grandson and told him call him at home, email him if he has any questions. He also told him that he would come visit his class after the election whether he won or loss. Seemed very down to earth.

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he seems like a great canidate

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Bill Bostic said...

Judge Judy is my second pick. Only one more B² vote up for grabs in the county judge race.

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Dave Marple said...

I have known Lacy Hayes for some 15 years, and highly recommend him.
DRM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home