<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.linglestowngazette.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Linglestown Gazette: Suburban hiking in Linglestown

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Suburban hiking in Linglestown

Now that it's stopped raining, you might see me walking during day in the Linglestown area. My wife and daughter use our two cars to commute to work, so I'm now an official suburban hiker. (I telecommute on my job.)

Beyond being good exercise, suburban hiking lets you see things that are out of sight when driving a car.

For instance, my walking path today included the stretch of Linglestown Road between Colonial Club Drive and the village. I spotted the pictured big bird along the Paxton Creek across from the entrance to Ranger Road.

I'm not a birder, but everything I found via Google points to it being a Great Blue Heron. The bird took flight while I was taking photos and it appeared to have a six-foot wingspan.

1 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Kathie said...

definitely a Great Blue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home