<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.linglestowngazette.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Linglestown Gazette: Gazette feedback

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Gazette feedback

Here's a question submitted by Amy …

Is Sakara open for lunch?

Good question, Amy. I haven't checked out the Japanese restaurant at Patton Place plaza, which is located about a mile west of the village of Linglestown along Route 39. A reader submitted the news tidbit.

Dose anyone know if this eatery has opened?
_________________________

Pat writes …


Had dinner at the Eagle last night and we loved it!! The food was great (as always) but they remodeled in there and it looks really nice! No smoking in the dining room and we had a really friendly waitress!! Will go back again – we really have been missing out on this gem!
_________________________

Speaking of the Eagle …

I found this post on TortsProf Blog:

Several times a year, my colleagues and I like to have lunch at the Eagle Hotel in nearby Linglestown. During my last visit, I was intrigued to see on the menu that anyone ordering "suicide hot wings" had to sign a "disclaimer." I asked the waitress for a copy of the disclaimer, and she brought me a document that reads:

WARNING, SUDDEN DEATH sauce is extremely spicy. I, __________, agree to hold the Eagle Hotel harmless.

I am purchasing Sudden death sauce at my own risk. I further agree not to hold the Eagle Hotel liable for any adverse effects it may cause.

_________________________ (Signature) ____/_____/_____ (Date)

Apparently, the wait staff really does require a signature before the wings are put on the table. The waitress told me that the use of the disclaimer began as a joke. However, she said, they soon felt more comfortable about serving the wings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home