<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.linglestowngazette.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Linglestown Gazette: A feel-good story

Monday, March 31, 2008

A feel-good story

Do you remember the story about Mary Roth (pictured), an out-of-towner searching for her birth father believed to be living in the Harrisburg area? I published her story at the beginning of this month.

Well, Mary contacted me over the weekend via e-mail to inform me that she found her dad! Below is a snippet from her e-mail:

FOUND HIM! Yes, I found my birth father! While your website certainly helped generate buzz, my birth dad received one of my mass mailings of letters to 1958 and 1959 male grads from Harrisburg-area high schools.
I'm not surprised by Mary’s success – she put herself out there in a major way, and refused to let initial roadblocks imposed by PennLive.com discourage her.

Mary is making plans to meet up with her father. Pretty cool stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home