<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.linglestowngazette.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Linglestown Gazette: Koons Park trash

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Koons Park trash

Just for the heck of it, I spent an hour or so Sunday, the day after the fireworks show at Koons Park, picking up trash in the park along Balthaser Street. My venture into the world of trash netted a 13-gallon bag of assorted solid waste (pictured).

Believe me, there was plenty of crap that I didn’t pick up, including hundreds of spent firework casings near the basketball courts.

I tentatively plan to post a date and time for the Gazette nation, that's you since you’re reading this post, to join me at the park to pick it clean of garbage, refuse and other stuff that didn't find a trash can.

1 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill,

Looks like your daughter already beat you to this story. -chuckle-

Danielle Bostic's "Aftermath" photos

A few years ago, I planned a neighborhood trash clean-up in the Colonial Park area. I received many prizes from local businesses to hand out and was going to have an ice cream social.

The problem was that none of the citizens were interested - a big disappointment.

Let me know when your clean-up event is held, and I will try to be there.

Rob Nease
HarrisburgatHome.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home