<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.linglestowngazette.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Linglestown Gazette: Reader blows me away

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Reader blows me away

This is the way a news blog is supposed to work – the publisher puts something on the table and readers become citizen journalists.

Here’s what happened: Yesterday I previewed the Lower Paxton Twp. supervisors meeting and pondered whether an agenda item would mean the end of free mulch piles at Koons Park. Meeting time rolled around Tuesday evening and I was busy doing whatever and didn’t get a chance to watch the meeting on TV, Comcast channel 20. “Darn,” I said to myself. “This means I’m going to have to bug the township manager or whoever to track down the story.”

Well, I cracked open my e-mail inbox this morning and found a piece of gold: Gazette reader B sent me an unsolicited report on what happened – free mulch will continue. (If you click through, check out the comment.)

This is the essence of what Linglestown Gazette is evolving into – LP and Linglestown residents banding together to keep on top of what’s happening in our community.

Others are doing similar stuff and believe me I appreciate the heck out of it. If you’re still on the sidelines, what are you waiting for? Learn how to post a comment or shoot me an e-mail when you see something that others might find interesting. Come one … jump in, the water’s fine!
____

If you're unable to figure out how to post a comment, please send me an e-mail with your phone number and I’ll walk you through the process via phone. I’ll even make a home visit if you live close to the Gazette newsroom.

In some cases it may be necessary to verify information posted in comments. To make this possible, it would be helpful if you include an "active" e-mail address in your Blogger account profile.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forget how I stumbled upon the Gazette; maybe my father told me about it, right before I moved back to the village, I am not sure. Either way, I have tried to keep up with the going-ons in Linglestown and L.P. in general since moving back.

I am glad to see that there are people like you sir; those that still care about local things. Thank you Bill, for all the time that you and others take.

BP

 
At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words, BB. You have a great site here and I'm certain as more people find out about it, you'll have a nice online community supporting you. I know I try to help when I can - like last night. I happened to read on here about the meeting and it being broadcast on ch. 20 so I tuned in to watch as I have done on occasion.

Thanks again for the kind words and keep on keepin' on!

B

PS - a shout out to your Linglestown TV - BB Answerline question asker the other day on the park, Mr Hoyer. I know him personally and he's a good man. Thanks to him for being there as a fireman for the community!

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger PladicratParty said...

Well, first off, I came across the Gazette because I was trying to find news about Linglestown; at the time it was slated for Dunkin' Donuts to move in where it did, and I was trying to find info on that. Then I came across the Gazette, upped the RSS feed onto my Google homepage, and have been following updates ever since.

Being a journalism (in progress) major, I'd love to just do some writing at some point. But, I'm being pulled in different directions at the moment, but once I get my schedule gets put together, I'll find some time to do some writing of my own.

Unfortunately, I have DirecTV, so I can't get channel 20. Hey, BB, if you ever need anything written about, feel free to contact me. My e-mail address should be on my Blogger profile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home