<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.linglestowngazette.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Linglestown Gazette: Backyard news, 10.20.08

Monday, October 20, 2008

Backyard news, 10.20.08

Updated at 9:34 pm ...

* In case you’re spending too much time in front of a computer monitor or cell phone screen, below is a reminder that fall colors are starting to appear throughout Lower Paxton Twp. With last night’s hard frost, Blue Mountain could be at peak color during the next week or so. Please post a comment if you know the type of tree that is pictured below – it’s located across the street from the Gazette newsroom.


* The season ended over the weekend for the two Linglestown Colts youth football teams that qualified for post season play (game scores are listed below). Congrats to all Colts players, coaches and parents for another great season!

Pee-Wee division: Carlisle 13–Linglestown 7

Pony division: Mechanicsburg 7–Linglestown 0

* Linglestown Fire Company is holding not just a raffle but a SUPER RAFFLE that has a blow-your-mind list of prizes. For purchasing info, stop by the firehouse or call 545-6801.

* The pile of loot the winner of the Gazette’s Mowing Contest got bigger over the weekend thanks to the fine folks at First Impressions boutique, gifts and day spa, located a few doors west of St. Thomas Roasters at 5943 Linglestown Road. Mowing 28 will happen this week, and it looks like the final number will be 29 or 30 when contest ends on Nov. 1.

* I received word today that Koons Pool will soon launch a Web site to keep everyone informed about plans for the 2009 swimming season.

* Project No Drive update ... Today I drove 0.5 miles, from a meeting in the village to the Gazette newsroom – my daughter dropped off my trusty 1998 Saturn SW1 so I could attend another meeting. As it turned out, I didn't make the second meeting. I walked to St. Thomas Roasters around noon and separately walked into the village for the aforementioned meeting.

* B² tech tip ... iGoogle has revolutionized Web surfing for me. Here’s what I’ve got on my personalized home page – Twitter, Gmail, Google Reader, Harrisburg weather, and Google News feeds for Linglestown, Lower Paxton and Sci/Tech.

Hey, if I can set up this gizmo, so can you.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a tree that looks just like that in my yard. Someone told me it is a Sugar Maple. Just a suggestion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home