<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.linglestowngazette.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Linglestown Gazette: Project No Drive: Tip drops milage count

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Project No Drive: Tip drops milage count

Today’s Project No Drive update is a bit of a puzzler since my miles-driven count dropped by two miles. Yes, I said dropped. Now that I your attention, let’s unpack this mystery.

All the credit goes to Gazette reader and Patriot-News beat reporter T.W. Burger. He read yesterday’s update about me giving a friend a lift, a trip that put 47 miles on my trusty 1998 Saturn SW1. Burger wrote:
But wouldn’t it sort of average out some way? Yes, YOU drove 47 miles, but your friend DIDN'T.
I mulled over the suggestion a bit and concluded that Burger was onto something. Here’s what I finally came up with based on his idea:
I planned to drive 25 miles to play tennis with my friend in Grantville. We bagged tennis due to cool, windy weather conditions, and instead I drove him to get a job application at a state office building on Cameron Street. So, I'll only count 25 of the 47 miles – 22 miles will be credited to my friend.
OK, I now have 22 miles to burn. And today I piloted my car 20 miles during two trips – one to attend an ARRP meeting and the other to run a series of errands, including buying a pair of deep-discounted jeans at Boscov’s at Colonial Park Mall.

Summary: Miles driven dropped from 62.5 to 60.5.
____

I mentioned buying jeans because I despise shopping for jeans in a big way. Check out this B² tidbit from my personal archives to find out why.

1 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, I despise shopping for jeans, too. I found that my favorite type of jeans (sold at Old Navy) were being discontinued so my wife purchased two pair online. I've worn them out too much.

Thanks to your reminder - the hatred of shopping for jeans suddenly has me... blue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home